Sunday, August 24, 2008

Sew Cute Baby Stuff!

Hello all, the newest edition to my family arrived this week. A little baby girl...how cute!! I can't wait to have time to go see the baby (they live out of town). I have completed Mc Calls 4858. This darling bucket organizer was challenging for this little beginner as there are several (and by several I mean a lot) pieces, and it requires lots of patience as the instructions are not novice friendly (in my opinion). But now that its done I can't wait to do another. One tip I will provide in my review will be that for the medium sized organizer, a 2 gallon pail will do much better than the recommended 5 quart pail. I used snaps instead of velcro which made a nice touch. Also, I used more of the contrast fabric than was recommended because I am in LOVE with the teddy bear fabric. And to show my seamstress ambition, I plan to finish the blanket I mentioned last post by the weekend even though I am starting back to grad school tomorrow. (Wish me luck!) Sew now (lol) on with the pics.. feel free to comment or ask any questions. I hope to post my review online soon. Ta ta for now.....

PS: Notice how the bucket organizer matches the 2 sided blanket.... All the pinning is done its just waiting for the seams...stay tuned for the blanket pics....




4 comments:

Mom2fur said...

Oh, my gosh, how cute and adorable is that? I can see how it might be a challenge to a beginner, but wow, you sure stood up to it! I love it!
Congratulations to your family on the arrival of the precious princess.

Cennetta said...

Congratulations on the new edition to the family. It's always fun sewing for babies. Your pile organizer turned out great. I'm sure your gift will be greatly appreciated.

PixySnot said...

Have you seen McCall's 6839 "Huggie Buddie Blankie" it's adorable. I found one for 49 cents at a thrift store and I'm waiting until I have more sewing experience to try it.

Sandi said...

Mel, I have looked all over for that pattern 6839 and can find it no where. Would you trace it and mail it to me? I would be happy to pay whatever you think it is worth. I am in Fountain Valley, California. sandi46@verizon.net
Thank you, Sandi Anderson