Monday, November 10, 2014

The last 12 months ...Sew Productive.......

Hi there Blogland, I was looking through some pictures and I thought I would share some of my sewing from the last 12 months. I know I have disappeared but its for a good reason. I started my own consulting firm and another masters program. Sew in other words....busy as all get out! But I missed blogging and sewing sew I am going to get back to it :)

Halloween Costume - Burlesque Peacock



This was way too fun to make and wear. The base for the feather skirt is self drafted. I attached it to 3 inch wide black elastic and had a hook front closure. Once I had the perfect tail, I just paired it with a corset, short shorts and some great accessories and the burlesque peacock was born! (Sorry for just the skirt pic, my phone pic of the whole outfit didn't come out so clear. If any one is interested in seeing the entire getup, I can put it back on and take proper pics LOL)

That's Sew Vintage - The Mint Tutu

On the hanger
On the seamstress

This one was also fun to make and wear. I self drafted a full circle skirt pattern and layered until it was fluffy enough and made a satin liner. Since I have a small waist and bigger hips, I did a waist band with button closure to get in and out of it... not a perfect solution but it worked for me :)

Last but not least - Baby and Teddy Bear Tutus




I made these for gifts for the wee ones.....needless say they were fun to make and give....


Thanks for reading, I am back (for real this time LOL). My focus this month will be making gifts. I have a fabulous scarf that I made and as soon as my bestie sends me pics of her wearing it I will post so you can see. I also plan on doing some baby blankets for some of the local shelters.

Anyone else doing some charity sewing???? Would sew love to hear about it.

Until next time,

Crafty1

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute! Love the skirt!

Crafty1 said...

Thanks Adrienne!